Skip to main content

The Return of Grishina?

Russian gymnast, Anastasia Grishina had been notably absent from international competition the last part of 2013, mostly due to injury.



After the incident now known as Grishy-gate, where she withdrew from the Russian Cup in August, she'd left the Round Lake training center to allow her injury to heal properly. This did not sit well with Valentina Rodionenko, aka Russia's Marta Karolyi.

Since then, Anastasia has been working to heal her injuries. She could make a comeback this year, but Anastasia isn't rushing back to Round Lake just yet.  Per Team Russia on Facebook:

"My health is definitely improving. I'm fine, but I train according a personal programme. I'm in my gym, in Moscow, and I'm recovering slowly, this decision was taken by my coach. Currently [it] does not make sense to train at Round Lake, is better prepare the programme staying at home, with my family, and then return to the base when I'm ready, with all my teammates. (Victor) Razumovsky and I have many plans for this year and I'm excited to be able to show my exercises."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.