Skip to main content

Aly Raisman in ESPN Magazine's Body Issue

Aly Raisman is following in the footsteps of fellow team USA gymnasts and is baring it all for ESPN Magazine's Body Issue.



Aly looks fantastic in these beautiful and tasteful photos. In an exclusive sneak peak on ESPN.com, Aly talks about body issues and learning to embrace her imperfections.  Aly is the third gymnast to be featured in this issue, her teammate Alicia Sacramone (now Quinn) showed her body for the 2012 issue and  Olympic All-around bronze medalist, Danell Leyva showed his chiseled form on the rings for the magazine in 2013. Aly also divulges a moment of clumsiness. Here are some quotes from the woman of the hour:
"I think imperfection is beauty. Instead of being insecure about my muscles, I've learned to love them. I don't even think of it as a flaw anymore because it's made me into the athlete that I am."


"That's when I'm most comfortable: sweating in a gym, covered in chalk. I spend the majority of my days in a leotard. Most girls are used to wearing heels and dresses, and I'm used to being in a leotard with no makeup on. I love that. It's kind of all I've ever known."

"I totally pulled a Jennifer Lawrence. A lot of the Olympians went to the Golden Globes, and I was walking down the stairs and I totally tumbled down the stairs in front of all the male Olympians. I'm really clumsy. I can do anything on a 4-inch-wide beam, but when I walk down the street in sneakers, I'll trip and fall on my face."
The issue will hit newsstands on July 10.  A digitial version will be online July 6.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elise Ray Officially Named Washington Head Coach

Elise Ray, 2000 Olympic Bronze Medalist,  US National Champion, NCAA champion, has been named the head coach at the University of Washington's gymnastics program, following the retirement of longtime head coach, Joanne Bowers.

Peyton Ernst Transfers to Alabama

 Peyton Ernst announced that she's transferred to the University of Alabama to complete her education and to continue her college gymnastics career.

Kyla Ross Out of Worlds Selection

Kyla Ross has ended her bid for a  spot on a third world championship team and withdrawn from worlds selection camp for the world championships in Glasgow, Great Britain. USA Gymnastics released a statement earlier today confirming Kyla's withdrawal from the selection camp, which starts Oct. 6th.